At Elegant Smiles, we place the highest priority on your oral health. Exams are recommended yearly. Cleanings are recommended every 6 months for those without gum disease, and every 3-4 months for those with a history of gum disease. We perform a thorough and complete examination including:
- Periodic x-rays to check for decay between teeth and issues below the gumline based on your risk.
- All surfaces of the teeth are checked for decay.
- All existing dental restorations are checked for cracks, chips, and leaks.
- An oral cancer screening. We perform a thorough check of your lips, cheeks, gums, tongue, and throat for sore spots, swelling, redness, lumps, and red/white lesions.
- A periodontal exam. Periodontal pocket depths are measured yearly. Gum tissues are checked to make sure they are healthy. All areas of bleeding, gum infection, and bone loss are documented. Teeth are checked for mobility.
- A bite check for worn down teeth and chewing issues.
- An evaluation of your smile for any orthodontic concerns or cosmetic needs.
- An evaluation of any additional concerns you may have.